Claims Program Manager
Under general direction, the Claims Program Manager plans, directs, organizes, coordinates and supervises the Claims unit of VTA with responsibility over the functions of Workers’ Compensation, liability, and other claims, as well as other programs as assigned.
Classification Bargaining Unit: Non-Represented
The job posting will close once the position is filled, apply at http://www.vta.org/about-us/Employment
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
DIVISION OF WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The EMD develops and coordinates policy and administers the Medical Unit programs which will expedite the delivery of benefits to injured workers through a formalized medical-legal process involving State certified medical examiners and State certified medical evaluators. The EMD, subject to the approval of the Administrative Director, performs all duties, exercises all powers and jurisdiction, assumes and discharges all responsibilities, and carries out and effects all purposes vested by law in the Division of Workers’ Compensation, Medical Unit, except as otherwise expressly provided by the Labor Code. The EMD is responsible for the creation and management of the Medical Evidence Evaluation Advisory Committee. The incumbent plans, organizes, and directs, the work of the Medical Unit, advises and assists the Medical Unit in the promulgation of rules, regulations, and standards; in the adoption of policies and procedures; in the development and implementation of processes and programs; in the preparation, drafting, and publishing of official forms and documents necessary to meet its statutory obligations. The EMD has the legal authority to employ medical assistants and other necessary staff. The incumbent has the legal responsibility to assign panels of qualified medical evaluators; to review the quality and timeliness of evaluations and reports prepared by agree medical examiners and qualified medical evaluators; to grant or deny employer of employee requests to direct agreed medical examiners and qualified medical evaluators to consult with additional physicians. The Medical Unit’s programs are conducted through a legal unit, and an administrative unit, which provide support to the EMD.
• M.D./D.O. and possession of a valid California physician’s and surgeon’s license .
• Experience in occupational health and industrial medicine.
• Ability to communicate quickly and effectively by written and oral communications with the DIR Director, DWC Administrative Director, DWC management and Medical Unit staff, other state departments and agencies, the Legislature, and stakeholders and their respective peers.
• Administrative experience including but not limited to the ability to prepare, understand, and work with a government budget, develop regulations, rulemaking, policy development and implementation.
• Executive management experience, with responsibility for development, execution, and evaluation of major programs, policies and staff development.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Developing and implementing program goals, objectives, and strategic plans.
• Managing multi-disciplinary teams to achieve a defined objective.
• Leading and developing broad program goals.
• Drafting policies, rules, regulations or legislation.
• Setting performance standards or objectives.
• Personnel matters such as hiring, dismissal, and performance evaluations.
• Any special qualifications or experience which qualifies you for this position.
• Responses must be typed, single-spaced with a font equivalent to 10-point size Arial.
• Document margins must be one inch on all sides.
• In the upper right-hand corner of each page, list your full name and the date.
• Statement of Qualification must not exceed three pages in length.
$14,685.00 – $16,353.00 per month
HOW TO APPLY:
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit the following:
• Standard state application STD 678
• Maximum three page statement of qualifications describing how the candidate’s experience and education satisfy the desired qualifications
• Current resume or CVApplications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit all documents and any questions to:
Department of Industrial Relations
Division of Workers’ Compensation
1515 Clay Street, 17th Floor
Oakland, CA firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Exactly the People You Are Looking For
The employees you want working for you are exactly the kind of people who read Workers’ Comp Resource Guide. It’s the one-stop place for the best information in the field. When top professionals want the most credible, well-researched, well-reported career enhancing information, they turn to Workers’ Comp Resource Guide. And when they’re looking for top job opportunities, they find them in our job postings section. Put your message in front of the people who can make the biggest contributions to your organization. Post your job openings today!
Simply send a copy of your job posting to email@example.com and we will quickly provide you with a personalized quote.